Aragon Castle Maggiore, Ischia Island, Campania
- Propery Type:
- Air Con
- welcome dinner
- villlage close by
- Sea Views
The Aragonese Castle, the most impressive historical monument of Ischia, stands on a mass of volcanic rock connected to the island by a causeway. A castle has stood on this spot since 1438, overlooking the quaint harbor below and the expanse of sea beyond. An elevator connects the entrance to the top of the castle (80 meters above sea level). A small chic hotel is housed here, as well as four independent apartments, each with a spectacular view, and each with its own independent entrance through an ancient courtyard.
Ischia rises up out of the Bay of Naples, reaching 789 meters above sea level at its highest point, the summit of the extinguished volcano Mount Epomeo. Thermal springs and lovely beaches have made Ischia a favorite vacation spot since Roman times; even earlier, the Greeks had woven the island into their mythology; Ischia is said to be the island under which Zeus confined Typhoeus, one of the "old gods" whom he cast out of heaven.
The apartments have been recently renovated by the owner, the son of a famous artist whose paintings grace the apartment walls. All of the apartments have windows and outdoor spaces with unforgettable views. Guests are welcome to enjoy many services from the adjacent hotel, including porter and concierge services, computer with high speed internet access, and lovely terrace dining. The hotel concierge can give invaluable help — booking ferries to nearby Capri or Naples, renting cars or scooters, as well as information about Ischia's attractions. Parking is a problem on the island, but frequent buses as well as taxi service makes it easy to get around without a car.
Arriving ferries dock at Ischia Porto, the island's main town. Its colorful harbor is filled with shops and restaurants and stretches eastward to the smaller village of Ischia Ponte, where the causeway leading to the Castello is located. Ischia's spas and picturesque beaches are some of its most popular draws. Relax in a thermal bath, Take a boat trip around the island. Visit vineyards and gardens. Explore the island on foot. Archaeological treasures can be found in the museum at Villa Arbusto and the site at Santa Restituta. And of course, visit Capri, Positano, Pompeii, Naples, Herculaneum, and Paestum.
With the hotel, the entire Castello can sleep 40 and is an unforgettable setting for weddings and other events. The Apartments offer a unique vacation opportunity for a honeymoon, or any occasion at all.
- Living room with dining area (table for 6)
- Kitchenette with 4-burner stove, sink, fridge, dishwasher
- 1 large double bedroom with en suite bathroom (shower); French doors lead to small balcony
- 1 new double bedroom with en suite bathroom (shower)
- 2 bathrooms (shower)
|Dates||Guests||Price per week|
* Prices are quoted in Euros and calculated according to the CBA selling rate. Prices are subject to change in AUD due to currency flucuations. (Currency converter)
Special Monthly rate, upon request
5% discount for 2 units rented together
- Final cleaning Euro 50 per unit
- Air conditioning only in ALL UNITS Euro 20 per day
Pets not allowed
- Heating Euro 20 per day per unit - Baby bed Euro 100
- Extra bed Euro 150
- Linen changed once a week Security deposit Euro 350 per unit
Included in the rental price:
- From Easter to the end of October Standard First Dinner included at the Restaurant of the Hotel
- Porter service
- The concierge service at the hotel is available for our guests
SERVICES AVAILABLE ONLY UPON REQUEST AND CHARGED: Transfers have to be prearranged – not included in the price, advanced grocery shopping, cooking classes, cook service, trips arrangement.